A lot of our customers have read our blog on why we think the Counterpath Bria app is a great tool for FreedomIQ customers and want to know how to set it up on their devices.
Just follow these steps!
1. Call FreedomVoice technical support at 888-955-3520 ext. 2 to get your unique 25-character password. You’ll need this later. Once you have it, go ahead and launch the app.
2. Select “SIP – Making Calls” under “User-defined Accounts”.
3. Next, you’ll need to configure your SIP account by filling in some blank fields with the information provided below.
- Account Name: Name the account. (e.g., “FreedomIQ Phone”)
- Enabled: Set this to “ON”.
- Display as: Enter the phone number you want users to see when you call them. This must be a valid number on your FreedomIQ account.
- Username: Enter your 10-digit Direct Inward Dial number (DID).
- Password: Enter the 25-character password you received from FreedomVoice technical support in Step 1.
- Domain: Enter “setup.hostedipbx.com”.
- Voice mail number: Enter your DID again.
4. Click “More” then “User Preferences”.
- Allow 3G Calls: If you would like to make FreedomIQ calls over 3G, set this to “ON”. Otherwise, you will only be able to make calls with your softphone when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
- Note: Enabling 3G will use data rates for these calls. Check your data plan with your wireless provider for details.
5. Go back to Settings and select “Advanced Settings”.
- QoS: Set this to “ON”.
6. Go back to “Accounts” in the Settings screen and select your account.
- Check the box next to your created account.
- The Bria Icon should say “Primary Account Logged In” from the top drawer.
If registration was a success, you should be ready to go. Click the “Phone” icon in the bottom-left to make your first mobile softphone call!
If registration failed, double-check the following settings:
- Username: This should be your DID.
- Password: This should be the 25-character code you received from technical support.
- Domain Name: This should be “setup.hostedipbx.com”.